Nanospectra Biosciences is a Houston-based medical device company developing focal therapies for cancer using our proprietary nanoparticles.
Position Title: Full-time Research Technician
Applicant will report to the COO and be involved in cGMP manufacturing operations as well as support for Nanospectra’s accredited animal facility. Position is a full-time, salaried position.
Duties and Responsibilities
cGMP primary job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing of AuroShells for clinical trials
- Manufacturing of other nanoparticles, as needed, for sales and research purposes
- Maintenance and routine upkeep of the cGMP manufacturing area.
- Performs basic cleaning of chemistry labs
Animal Program primary job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides routine animal care and handling of research animals.
- Provides support to research scientists.
- Conducts daily animal health checks and monitoring of feed and water levels.
- Performs scheduled sanitation of animal cages, animal rooms, equipment and hallways.
Cell Culture primary job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Stocks supplies and assists in maintaining inventory.
- Maintains and propagates various cell lines.
- Prepares cells for inoculations into animal models as approved in protocols.
- Maintains sanitation of autoclave, incubator, hood and supplies.
- Ensures the proper disposal of waste.
- Associate Degree in scientific field (Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Biology, Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
- Lab experience outside the classroom is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize project goals, and meet client demands.
Working Conditions – Position may require exposure to and use of hazardous chemicals and materials, including human tissue and body fluids, such as blood. Handling of human specimens may result in possible blood borne pathogen exposure. Nanospectra Biosciences, Inc. has specific safety methods to reduce employee exposure to hazardous agents.
Position may require periodic evening and weekend work, as necessary to fulfill animal program and manufacturing obligations.
Physical Requirements – Be able to lift more than 40lbs.
Contact Information – Applicants should email resumes to Robin Dickson (email@example.com)
Currently, we have no other openings.
If you wish to submit a resume to the company for future employment consideration, please send a pdf file to Human_Resources@Nanospectra.com.